My previous company didn't pay my settlement.. my visa cancelled and join the new company !?

My previous company didn't pay my settlement, which included four-months salary and one and a half years' gratuity. I signed the final settlement paper by saying that "with this settlement of account you have no claims whatsoever on this company in the future". It was only by doing this that I could get my visa cancelled and join the new company immediately. Now it has been more than three months, and am yet to get my full and final settlement. What are the legal options available to me? How can I get my settlement?


Pursuant to your questions, once an employee signs a document of the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (the "Ministry") confirming receipt of all its dues from the employer, it is considered that the employer has paid all dues of the employee. Therefore, you may not be able to lodge a complaint with the ministry as your visa has been cancelled, and the ministry may not have any jurisdiction to deal with this matter. However, you may file a civil claim against your ex-employer in the court if you have relevant documentary evidence to support that your former employer did not pay your dues even though you signed a document confirming receipt of all dues.

If the court deems fit to register your case, it may also appoint a financial expert at the later stage to consider this matter and submit its observations to the court related to your settlements. Largely, the onus will be on your former employer to demonstrate payment of due to you.